One example of the importance of hemp: Five years after cannabis hemp was outlawed in 1937, it was promptly re-introduced for the World War II effort in 1942.
So, when the young pilot George Bush bailed out of his burning airplane after a battle over the Pacific, little did he know:
* Parts of his aircraft engine were lubricated with cannabis hemp seed oil;
* 100% of his life-saving parachute webbing was made from U.S. grown cannabis hemp;
* Virtually all the rigging and ropes of the ship that pulled him in were made of cannabis hemp;
* The fire hoses on the ship (as were those in the schools he had attended) were woven from cannabis hemp; and,
* Finally, as young George Bush stood safely on the deck, his shoes’ durable stitching was of cannabis hemp, as it is in all good leather and military shoes to this day.
Yet Bush has spent a good deal of his career eradicating the cannabis plant and enforcing laws to make certain that no one will learn this information – possibly including himself… …read more